PS CS6 on CC lags when using mouse after using tablet?

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed that photoshop CS6 on Creative Cloud at least seems to lag when I try to move a layer around or a selection around with my mouse after I have used my tablet.  So what Im trying to say is that I can move selections around with my mouse or with my tablet and they move fine but when I do anything with my tablet and the go back to my mouse thats where I get the lagging movement.  If I then at that point try to move the selection with my tablet it doest lag around.  As I try different things with my mouse after I have used my tablet nothing else seems to lag just moving the selection with my mouse.  Any others having this issue or know what may be the cause?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding myself to the list of frustrated users here. Slight mouse lag makes it very annoying to do small and quick tweaks while working as an artist. I don't have the precision for dropping guides or transforming with the pen so I have to do it with the mouse but the constant jerky lag makes this almost intolerable. This is super frustrating and I am wondering if I should just downgrade to an earlier Photoshop version, or perhaps find a legacy driver for my intuo 3.

I am fully updated on everything program and river wise. I use Photoshop CC.

Anyone have any news?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appylon: Wacom say they know the problem, but they have to work with Adobe to pinpoint the cause. Some months have already gone by without any progress on this issue, so maybe it is safe to assume it is not going to be fixed, just ignored. Me, I've already given up. I don't care anymore. But if you or anyone wants to see this fixed, I think it would be a good idea to:

1) Go here and click the +1 / Me too button in order to make Adobe pay attention to it (more clicks should mean more priority)

2) Go to Wacom's forum and say you want them to fix it

In both cases, chances are you will be ignored, but who knows... maybe someone is really working on a solution. But I would not hold my breath...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Seems like I just can't stop worrying about this problem. Guess I'm obsessed.

I have found what appears to be a solution - albeit not an ideal one. The steps to follow can be found in this video: Wacom Intuos Drawing Tablet - Lag Fix - YouTube

I have tried it myself and so far it seems to be working. One caveat is that you have to peform the steps in the video each time you launch Photoshop. After running the fix Photoshop seems to behave.

Let the thread know if you have any joy with it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing, Pinkbunkadoo, but didn't we already discussed this method somewhere, here or at Wacom's forums? For me, this method did get rid of the lag, but I also lost pressure sensitivity until PS was restarted. I tried it again now just in case... and yes, it's the same: stop service, restart service, pressure sensitivity is gone.

Anyway, although I  must admit that on rare occasions I try something new regarding the lag, I've long since given up on making my tablet work 100% with Photoshop. In fact, things have gotten even more complicated at least for Windows users: thing were already messy as they were with Adobe and Wacom playing with us, and now a new guest has joined the party: Microsoft. Since PS CC 2014, the default tablet API is no longer WinTab (which I assume was Wacom's), but "Windows Ink" (which I assume is Microsoft's). I don't have the lag with Windows Ink... but I also lose pressure sensitivity as I stated above. Also, I can't understand how Windows Ink was tagged as the culprit of all evil before, and now Wacom is saying it's the solution for everything.

At least, we can force back the old WinAPI via a trick that was shared on this same forum (search for psuserconfig.txt and

# Use WinTab UseSystemStylus 0), but then the lag is back. To be honest, I can't remember exactly all the possibilities and the corresponding problem that arises with each one of them. And I'm just talking about me (CC 2014, Win 8). Other versions/OS probably will have their own combination of funny ways to waste the users time.

At least, there's some good news: a few days ago, new Wacom drivers were released, and there are some small fixes that will make my life a little less miserable.

Anyway it's good to know it worked for you! Kind regards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gah! You're right. I forgot to test pressure sensitivity. It's not working for me either. Ah well back to CS5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of interest is anyone else here using an ASUS motherboard in their PC? And more specifically is it a P8Z77-V series board?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you in the end.

I do have an ASUS motherboard (it's a GA-X58A-UD5), but back in the day I ran a series of tests in as many computers as I could and I was able to replicate the lag in non-asus motherboard computers too. Maybe hardware has something to do, but I could not find a specific pattern.

PS. And still, that was using the WinTab API. With Windows ink (Win 8.1 + PS CC 2014) there's no mouse/pen switch lag, but then pressure sentitivity works randomly in pen mode, and never at all in mouse mode. And if pressure sensitivity did work, then I guess some other problem would happen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I I'm just grasping at straws at this point. It would be crazy if there was some PC hardware problem that we all had in common. I doubt it though since this issue seems to be exclusive to Photoshop.

I'm still using Windows 7 - haven't really found a reason to upgrade yet. And it doesn't sound like you guys are having much more luck with Windows 8/8.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well, its kinda annoying, the mouse lags, while the wacom the pad does not. This is on a 6-core i7 (3930K), with Radeon HD 7900, and 16GB, with Windows 7 and PS on SSD. So its not the system, it never gets over 10% cpu. Something to do with how the mouse is being sampled verses the pad. Mouse is a g500 logitech  (great mouse), pad is wacom intuos CTH480, Using Photoshop creative cloud version 14.2.1 64bit. Below shows the difference in two patterns using pad then mouse. With the mouse it lags to too much to pick up the movement to write "mouse".  Doing the same brush strokes in MS paint and the mouse and the pad are pretty close -  both smooth, The mouse does show slightly rougher sampling but its not like the sample every "1/4 second" its getting in PS.laggymousewithpad_pe.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2014 fixed the issue for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Still experiencing mouse lag with an Intous4 (driver 6.3.10w2) and Photoshop CC 2014 (20140508.r.58 x64) on Win 7.

I tried numerous drivers:

wacom driver - 6.1.2-5

wacom driver - 6.1.6-7

wacom driver - 6.1.7-3

wacom driver - 6.2.0w5

wacom driver - 6.3.1w3

wacom driver - 6.3.6-3

wacom driver - 6.3.8-4

wacom driver - 6.3.9w3

wacom driver - 6.3.10w2

And only fix for me is going back to CS6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted a reply at Photoshop: After switching from Wacom tablet to mouse, every click on canvas area gets lag (latest C...

Summary: The lag-switch problem has finally gone away for me, but I am really disappointed about how long it has taken to be fixed, and the lack of an official explanation. I don't know if the solution was the latest drivers for Wacom, the latest update from PS CC, or the combination of both. The same bug could reappear anytime and I would not be a bit surprised.

I hope it has been fixed for the rest of you too. Take care.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So its 2015 and I experience the same problem on Mac.

Are there any sollutions to this?

- iMac

- Wacom intuos pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines