Exit

PS does not open Camera Raw and also not JPEG with Drag and Drop

Participant ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey community,
I hope to find help here.
Most of the time I work with LR, transferring raw files from here to PS and after editing they are reimported to LR as PSD files. So far so good. Today I noticed that I cannot open any images with Camera Raw from Bridge. No raw files and no JPEG. Drag and drop of image files to PS does not work either. Program error is displayed. Camera Raw does not give an error message.

The pictures are all separate files, created and saved on my PC in PS or LR.
I was able to open a jpeg via the "open" menu in PS. I had edited and saved it. Even so, I couldn't drag and drop it to open it in PS afterwards.
I had already uninstalled PS and reinstalled it in the hopes that the problem would go away.

System information:
- Win 10 Pro | Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
(current version and all updates)
- Camera Raw version 13.2
- PS version 22.3
- BaseBoard product MEG Z490 UNIFY (MS-7C71)
- Processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 MHz
- RAM 64 GB
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER graphics card

To forget something? I think that's the most important.

Unfortunately, my PS was only stable up to version 19.1. Since then there have always been "weird" mistakes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Hey guys, I found the solution to the problem! It's in the folder Curves in Camera Raw! I had saved some film curves in this folder. Unfortunately, this folder cannot handle more than 10 files ...
Now the folder is empty and Photoshop and Ramera Raw work reliably again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It looks like you are all up to date on your installs. Have you been successful in working with the latest version of CR up until now? And if so, for how long has it been working right?

Is your version of Bridge up-to-date? 

One last question-have you tried turning off your Graphics Processor Card to see if it has any effect?

Let us know--

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue, began April 1. All of my apps are up to date, I've tried turning the graphics processor on and off...I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire creative cloud. It says my camera raw is up to date, which should be the 13.2 version, but when I go into my plugin folder and view the plugin properties it still says 13.1 version. There is no option to manually download the 13.2 version. Is there any way to add a manual download or receive the latest file? The Creative Cloud Desktop App doesn't offer a download as it is viewing me as being up-to-date. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again!

As I was reading through other posts, I found this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2019-won-t-open-jpg-files/td-p/10475906

The subject of the post starts out different, but the last person had a suggestion that I thought you might be interested in: 

"You may be missing the CameraRaw plugin. You can go here to download the latest. This fixed both my AfterEffects and Photoshop."

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Let us know if that is the same issue you are facing too.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mglush,

Thanks for the answers. If I got it right, Camera Raw will be installed with PS. But okay, I also repeated the separate installation of CR yesterday and of course restarted the PC afterwards. As described above, the last working version of PS was version 19.1. I had installed this version in parallel for a long time, but unfortunately deleted it at some point. The mistakes of PS are getting bigger and bigger and we hear about them from many great photographers and retouchers. Ok, Phlearn didn't say anything about it 😉
For a long time I have tried to fix the errors with the help of forums or groups, but to no avail. The tips from Adobe Support are also very bad: First I should completely uninstall EVERYTHING, the entire CC! That didn't fix the problems, so they tried to sell me the bugs as a feature! Welcom in 2021! The CC user as an idiot. Ok, there are very often user errors, but if, for example, I pull out a rectangular selection and it changes its shape after letting go of the mouse, then that's not a feature. This problem has been gone since the last two updates and had been with me since 19.2.

Okay enough, i will still test if the graphics card has something to do with it.
Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, graphic card is disable but the same thing ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction:
I cannot open a jpeg via the "open" menu, only via "open as". With "open" you can open psd files. RAW files are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thanks for doing the leg work on the Graphics Processor Card, I'm sorry to hear that it didn't make a difference.

You are correct, Camera Raw is installed at the same time as PS, but it can be updated separately. It sounds like you just updated to 13.2 yesterday--is that correct? Did the problems start happening after that? If so, then it might be a compatibility issue. Here is a link to the CR System Requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/system-requirements.html

And if it is a compatibility issue, here is a link to migrate back to the last version of CR:  https://www.essentialdigitalcamera.com/2020/06/how-to-revert-adobe-camera-raw-from-123.html

Let us know if that works!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michelle,
thanks again for your time.
I just installed CR again, even though I already had the current version.
There can be no compatibility problems. My PC meets the requirements beyond measure. 

I have no idea what to do! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys, I found the solution to the problem! It's in the folder Curves in Camera Raw! I had saved some film curves in this folder. Unfortunately, this folder cannot handle more than 10 files ...
Now the folder is empty and Photoshop and Ramera Raw work reliably again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines