Highlighted

PS Express jpg vs raw

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, my camera has dual sd card slots set up as one for jpg and one for raw.

Just wondering when using PS Express on my iPad will this app provide a better result using my raw or jpg files to play with?

Please don’t give me an earbashing for just using Express when I should know my Mac will do a better job with CC!

I‘m just not sure about spending hours and hours learning how to use it....

Cheers

Topics

iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS Express jpg vs raw

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, my camera has dual sd card slots set up as one for jpg and one for raw.

Just wondering when using PS Express on my iPad will this app provide a better result using my raw or jpg files to play with?

Please don’t give me an earbashing for just using Express when I should know my Mac will do a better job with CC!

I‘m just not sure about spending hours and hours learning how to use it....

Cheers

Topics

iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

40steve  wrote

will this app provide a better result using my raw or jpg files to play with?

raw = better (but bigger) than jpg

the only good thing about jpg is they are small for sending over the interrnet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ussnorway, but for the purposes of an app such as Express will the processes it can undertake yield a greater potential for an image when using raw files?

I understand that raw provides far better capabilities for us to tweak an image to our own liking.  Especially so much more so when using a quality computer based program. However, when utilising an app those capabilities are obviously limited. So are they even more limited when using jpg as opposed to raw?  Or is the difference marginal (or barely even noticeable) because it’s only an app?

Thanks for your time in responding to a lazy amateur!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you are never going to do anything with the image again i.e, it will not need to be opened | edited 5 years from now to place in a background or cut the boyfriend out of the image?

the point of using an app is that it is fast... most people carry a start phone on them now days so that is one device you tend to have on you but if you ever want to edit that image again then raw is the option to use

a medium (L6 4608X3072) image in jpeg will be under a MB

the same image in raw will be under 20MB so a 16G stick from any shop holds 16000MB i.e, 800 images

size matters if you have a few thousand images or you put them on the web but most senarios = use raw

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines