• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS files with more than one layer don't import to LR (Mac)

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got PS a few days agp, and i thought that if you edit a LR photo in PS that it would be reimported into LR upon saving in PS. THis wokrs for me ONLY if I add one layer. Any additinal layers and i have to import the photo manually. Customer support isnt helping. Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lighroom does not support layers. In Photoshop you can continue to develop your RAW files and edit the image in a none destructive way and save layers PSD files. Passing a PSD file to Lightroom all lightroom can do is catalog the layered files in its library. It may also be able to process the PSD Composite image if your save the psd with the full compost. I do not know all the Lightroom can do. I doe not install it for it does not support layers. IMO Lightroom can not combine images and composite them together.  Lightroom is more an image developer that has some local editing features  than an image editor. Lightroom layer features required the image editing.    Some only need Lightroon. Lighrroom can  pass whar it has developed to an image editors like Photoshop.  Lightroom and Photoshop use the same Adobe Raw Conversion engine. If Lightroom Passes Photoshop a RAW file it has developed Photoshop Plug-in ACR will open the RAW file and apply the local edits you developed in Lightroom.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines