• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS freezing after selecting colour change

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,   I am having a problem with PS, when I enter some text on an image the program freezes.  It won't let me select another tool to use all of the menus are greyed out and the only way I can close PS is to use task manager and force close it.  Does anyone else have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Hi

Try deleting the Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Prefs file from this location

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings

You may need to backup your settings beforehand

Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send us a screen shot?Sometimes it helps us see the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't help as there is no error message and everything looks fine on screen, but after selecting colour change tool then it won't allow to select any other tool after that.

Has anyone come up with a fix for this yet? The recent update made no difference to this whatsoever.  I can't use any tools after selecting eye dropper to change a colour, I have to restart PS which is stopping me from producing any work

Another week gone with no response from Adobe about this issue, this stopping me from working I need a fix asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try deleting the Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Prefs file from this location

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings

You may need to backup your settings beforehand

Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You my friend are a genius, thank you for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't help as there is no error message and everything looks fine on screen, but after selecting colour change tool then it won't allow to select any other tool after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone come up with a fix for this yet? The recent update made no difference to this whatsoever.  I can't use any tools after selecting eye dropper to change a colour, I have to restart PS which is stopping me from producing any work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another week gone with no response from Adobe about this issue, this stopping me from working I need a fix asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of working a large file and has this b/s freeze issue happen again. yes, i should have saved periodically but I shouldn't have to do this on the basis that adobe have failed to address this issue for weeks. you've bullied your users into subscriptions and they pay good money for you not to release rubbish like this. very unprofessional!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines