• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Image processor not recognizing .tif files for conversion

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to batch convert a bunch of .tif files to jpg using PS ver 21.1.1 file>scripts>image processor

When I select the folder it does not recognize any of the files and it is empty so nothing to convert.

These are .tifs exported from NIS elements viewer as 12 bit files.

I can open one up individually and convert to 8bit jpg but cannot do batch??

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this also affect Bridge’s Export? 

Can you provide one or two of the files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what Bridge export is I am using Adobe PS 21.1.1.

File attached below - it is 12 bit unsure if that is a problem trying to convert multiple files to 8 bit grayscale jpg

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use Bridge at all? It’s an Adobe File managmenet program, so for sorting, ranking. etc. images. 

And it also offers an export option that you could check out. 

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 09.45.05.png

I duplicated the image to have at least two images to test Photoshop’s Image Processsing and it seems to work fine. 

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 09.41.27.png

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I will download bridge from the cloud.

I checked an PS is not opening or converting anything even files I've previous converted with my CC 2019 version so must be a bug. Will look at the troubleshooting but if Bridge works I'll just use that. 

Issue is we capture multiple microscope pictures at once and the microscope software exports as a tiff that is not viewable in Windows Explorer plus the files are huge.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that didn't work either = says unsupported format. All I I can see is TIF RGB 8bit so who knows but it seems to be my programs as yours works. Could be something with our university license but seems odd to disallow file conversions.

I really appreciate your help = I will resort to individual conversion for now, time consuming but for whatever reason I am able to open and convert individual files just fine!

thanks again, Carol

Screenshot (381).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried ONE more thing = I moved some files to my desktop and I was able to batch convert those with Bridge but still NOT PS. I have my files on my OneDrive because I can access them anwhere in the world and they say shared but I have had issues with multiple programs and OneDrive files.

So Bridge does not like the file location. It is a reasonable workaround, I will just put them back when converted.

Again sorry to post so much I hope this might help someone else.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s always good when people post the solutions they have found themselves; as you said it might help others with similar problems in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines