PS is brush/heal/zoom/stamp LAG

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to edit some photos I took and my brushes keep lagging, whether it's the stamp, heal or regular paintbrush. It even lags when switching between tools and trying to zoom in and out. I have to wait for the screen to reset. I actually just had to just save and quit because the screen wouldn't refresh... anyone have any solutions?

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 8.34.28 PM.png

My Specs.

THANK YOU! 🙂

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS is brush/heal/zoom/stamp LAG

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to edit some photos I took and my brushes keep lagging, whether it's the stamp, heal or regular paintbrush. It even lags when switching between tools and trying to zoom in and out. I have to wait for the screen to reset. I actually just had to just save and quit because the screen wouldn't refresh... anyone have any solutions?

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 8.34.28 PM.png

My Specs.

THANK YOU! 🙂

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 12, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the latest version of PS and how much free disk space have you got?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 600 GB left. I JUST updated (realized late) yesterday. So far, looks like the lag has been corrected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**Update** Tools still lagging... seconds at a time but frequently. Toggling between brushes (especially healing brushes)...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 0
Grant H LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to hear that, is it a MASSIVE file? Complex Brush perhaps, brushing under adjustment layers etc? Sometimes lag does occur depending on how much of the computing resources you need at the time. Also in your preferences how have you allocated performance resources? Try upping how much PS can use if you havent already. Have you got othere programs running in the BG?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 0