Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS is very slow using a 4k monitor

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just bought a new 27" 4K monitor from Benq. When I work in PS everything is very slow; from drawing a line to fill parts with colour.

I work on a MacBook Pro (early 2015, 16 GB, Graphics 6100) and with the latest PS CC 2019.

I've set all the displays on 1920x1080. On paper it should work, but it doesn't.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks so much! Anne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annev,

Sorry to hear about slow performance of Photoshop, could you please try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps?

Optimize performance Photoshop CC

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I changed the GPU to basic, that seems to work a bit, but is still not ideal. When I click the option 'open PS in low resolution' I can draw my lines without any shivering or zoom in and out without having to wait for 3 seconds. But this is very pixelated, also with the fonts, so that's far from ideal.

I have this problem when I use PS full screen, if I use it on 50% it seems to work fine.

Note: this is my home set-up. I also work on the same Macbook on a Apple Thunderbolt monitor and do not have any problems with using PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,did you find the right solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same problem! Recently purchased a Benq 4k monitor and have it connected to my 2019 MacBook Pro with Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. The monitor is connected using USB C to USB C. 

I'm finding this lag extremely frustrating and it's making it difficult to get any work done. 

Was anyone able to find a solution for this problem? 

Thanks!!

Jillian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines