Highlighted

PS latest update - no tools bar visible

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having trouble with the latest updates for PS. I installed the new version and cannot see the tool bar. 
I received an email from the Adobe Community Support suggesting I follow this link and see if any of the suggested solutions work: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2020-menu-bar-missing/5f5f462c4b561...

My husband is a techy guy and reinstalled drivers, cleared preferences, re-installed PS and tried to fiddle with my graphics cards settings and has come to the conclusion that because I have two graphics cards the new version of PS will not work with my device. 

So, I would like to instal the older version of PS back onto my device so that I can deliver my project that is now 1 day late to my clients because of this technical issue. 

I am not able to download older versions (or at least I don't know how to do it) off the Adobe Creative Cloud. I need a version of PS that has worked with my computer today. 

Please share with me a link for an older version of the PS so I can download it and get my project done. 

This is incredibly stressful.

Thank you, 

Ela

Ela5C3A_0-1600955931286.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS latest update - no tools bar visible

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having trouble with the latest updates for PS. I installed the new version and cannot see the tool bar. 
I received an email from the Adobe Community Support suggesting I follow this link and see if any of the suggested solutions work: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2020-menu-bar-missing/5f5f462c4b561...

My husband is a techy guy and reinstalled drivers, cleared preferences, re-installed PS and tried to fiddle with my graphics cards settings and has come to the conclusion that because I have two graphics cards the new version of PS will not work with my device. 

So, I would like to instal the older version of PS back onto my device so that I can deliver my project that is now 1 day late to my clients because of this technical issue. 

I am not able to download older versions (or at least I don't know how to do it) off the Adobe Creative Cloud. I need a version of PS that has worked with my computer today. 

Please share with me a link for an older version of the PS so I can download it and get my project done. 

This is incredibly stressful.

Thank you, 

Ela

Ela5C3A_0-1600955931286.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Toolbar is visble in your screenshot. 

Try the CC app … 

olderVersions.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The "file" "edit" etc. buttons are not visible at the top of the app,
neither is the x button at the top right corner.
I'd love to get the CC app back.
Do you know how I can do that?

[image: image.png]
Wanless Photography
416 884 7733
www.wanlessphotography.com
www.instagram.com/wanlessphotography
www.facebook.com/wanlessphotography

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it almoat looks as if your screen is ZOOMed in? On my mac, I have set it up so if I hold down my option key I can zoom in and out of my screen. Although sometimes I seem to do this accidentally somehow. Sort of looks like that has happened? Usually a quick fix is to RESET your workspace. Window>Workspace>Reset 

but not seeing the File menu does seem bizarre. You might want to call Adobe Support and share your screen. They can determine recommended specs, and they might be able to direct you towards an older version.

Although they mentioned last year that everyone must use the current version or the previous versions only. I belive it was mentioned in some lawsuit or something. So I don't think you can go back to use very old versions.

hope it works out for you soon.

best,

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0