Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS layer icons have a colour shift - beige not grey or white

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am relatively new to PS (using 22.3.1) and this problem is potentially self created but I cannot find the solution.

All layer icons in the Layers menu have a beige tint to them, that means a 50% grey dodge layer is beige, and an "image/apply image" mask has also the same beige tint. A white layer mask is a lighter shade of beige than the 50% grey one.

Strangly a black to transparent gradient has a blue tint.

I'm using a calibrated monitor and all the other colours in PS (including the grey menu colour) are all normal, the same applies for the colour of the image.

I have tried the colour space etc, but that seems to have no effect. I'm stumped, I have no idea what's wrong, and how to fix it. I've looked in the forum, checked on line not no luck.

I'd be really grateful for any support you can offer.

Many thanks in advance.

Regrads

Robert.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Does the color picker and histogram show the same odd colors? In that case it's a defective monitor profile. The "active" parts of the Photoshop UI (and the image itself, of course) are color managed, but not the basic interface.

A complete screenshot of the whole interface would help.

If it's only the Layers panel, nothing else, I have no idea what's going on. Then I'd try to reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the color picker and histogram show the same odd colors? In that case it's a defective monitor profile. The "active" parts of the Photoshop UI (and the image itself, of course) are color managed, but not the basic interface.

A complete screenshot of the whole interface would help.

If it's only the Layers panel, nothing else, I have no idea what's going on. Then I'd try to reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

many thanks for taking the time to support me on this.

I have attached a full screen shot and you can see that the color picker and the histogram do show a 50% grey layer as example, but in the layer stack the grey is a sepia tone, the photo is sepia toned, white is beige and the black and white applied image luminosity mask is also sepia.

I'm not sure if I have clicked something that I should have left alone 🙂

The problem happened 2 days ago, I can't connect the problem occurring to anything else, at a complete loss as to what caused it.

Very strange.

Many thanks for your support.

Best regards.

Robert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. resetting the preferances didn't help.

Will try a reinstall and recalibration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what Lumenzia does, but third-party plugins are always prime suspects. I'd start there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks, I'll try a fresh install.

All the older versions of PS have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A fresh install of PS didn't help, but after recalibrating the monitors everything was fine.

Many thanks for the tip with the monitor profile, very much appreciated, I had no idea that the color profiles were handled differently inside PS.

Thanks for you supoport!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines