PS merges all layers when saving to pdf. How do I undo?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create an image in Photoshop and then save it as a .PDF, the next time I open the .PSD file, the only layer in the project is the entire poject merged into "Layer 1" It then becomes impossible to edit. How can I undo this and prevent it from happening again?

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS merges all layers when saving to pdf. How do I undo?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create an image in Photoshop and then save it as a .PDF, the next time I open the .PSD file, the only layer in the project is the entire poject merged into "Layer 1" It then becomes impossible to edit. How can I undo this and prevent it from happening again?

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat can't retain layers from Photoshop, only from InDesign. I think you can place each separate layer into InDesign and from there save to a pdf. This article might be helpful:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-layers.html 

-edit typo-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 1