PS Settings folder disappeared, so can't enable pressure opacity...

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all

I had to uninstall and reinstall photoshop recently because there were just too many problems to even bother fixing individually. However, after reinstalling (and the CC says I have to most recent version), I no longer have the folder "Adobe Photoshop CC 2021 Settings" which is where I placed my previous 'PSUserConfig' file to fix the pressure opacity problem. I only have settings folders for 2014-2019... 

When I put the PSUserConfig file in all of the folders, it doesn't fix the pressure problem. What could be the reason for no longer having the 2021 settings folder?? I tried just making my own one and putting the user config in there, but the program wasn't having it and the pressure still isn't working. 

Photoshop is so difficult sometimes, I'm thinking of just switching to Pixlr at this rate lol... If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should still be there. Full Windows path below:

2021-03-04_21-43-01.jpg

If it is not there, check you actually have the latest version in Photoshop > Help >System info - it should be v22.2

As an aside - have you tried enabling Windows Ink in the tablet in which case you don't need PSUserConfig.txt   I used to use PSUSer... but went back to Windows Ink a couple of versions ago.

Dave

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your response.

I have been to that exact file location and there is nothing there, the latest one is 2019. And I have version 22.2 - it's so strange!!

And same, I keep switching Windows Ink on and off in the end because I can't seem to find one solution that sorts the problem out forever haha. Thank you anyway ^_^

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is hidden by default on Mac and Windows you need to set Windows File explorer and  Mac finder to be able to view thing that are normally hidden. 

image.png

IMO WinTab performs better them INK  and use PS 2020 version 21.2.5 version 22 has issues

PenConfig.jpg

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines