• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS settings on a new device/computer

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently transferred all data from an older computer to my laptop and this included software for Adobe CC with Photoshop.

All was fine on the older computer. When I first opened Photoshop on the laptop the software asked for all these permissions to access almost every folder on my computer. I didn't know what this was all about so I denied any permissions. Now I'm having trouble when saving files, not being able to save them easily where I want to save them. I can't even save easily to my desktop. 

I need to know the basic files for which I should give permissions, and how to adjust settings for this. I'd also like to know why PS would want permissions to access contacts or something like that.  

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may transfer data but you do not transfer program, you must do a fresh install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I'll give that a try.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I do an uninstall and then reinstall will all the data for my files and such be saved? 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I'm working on a photoshop file, adding metadata, adjusting the image etc. and  save the document I get an error message that I can't save because do not have access to write. Photoshop 2020.  the file info shows I have read/write permission but I still have this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines