• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS v20 occasionally freezes during startup (Win10)

Engaged ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually happens when I want to use PS right away, immediately after the splash screen. PS then freezes, I cannot access anything. The only solution is to start the task manager and close the task. Sometimes I have to start PS 3x in order to work. Once PS is initialized it doesn't crash or freezes.
This happens in about 2x out of 10.

Plugins: Alien Skin Expo 5 & 7, Nik collections, Topaz labs 2 plugins, Portraiture.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look here, try opening Photoshop without any plug-ins by holding the shift while launching

Photoshop plug-ins troubleshooting

Have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences

Reset Pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will try starting PS without plugins several times and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately that didn't help. Starting without plug-ins doesn't make any difference.

I have also reset preferences and no success. Occasionally PS will freeze the moment I click on "Open" button on the Home screen or click on the background two times to open the files.

I also had several issues overall with video driver stalling during working with many images at once and with Adobe Lightroom Classic opened in the background. Sadly, I have to say this is the least stable PS I've had so far.

I've set Performance to 70% of 16GB ram, degrading from Advanced to Normal GPU usage and usual Normal/Photo history values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines