PS v22.0 sampling lag

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I just got the v22 update on Photoshop windows 10, and i am experiencing some sever lag and pointer stutter when i sample with either clone stamp or healing brush. It sometimes even misses the clicks while sampling. Any ideea what i can do to solve this issue? It's happening on both wacom tablet and mouse.

My pc can't be at fault here since it was working well before.

PC specs: 

core i7 comet lake K

nvidia rtx 2060 super 8gb

32 gb ram 3600 mhz

samsung ssd m.2 2gb\s write

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS v22.0 sampling lag

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I just got the v22 update on Photoshop windows 10, and i am experiencing some sever lag and pointer stutter when i sample with either clone stamp or healing brush. It sometimes even misses the clicks while sampling. Any ideea what i can do to solve this issue? It's happening on both wacom tablet and mouse.

My pc can't be at fault here since it was working well before.

PC specs: 

core i7 comet lake K

nvidia rtx 2060 super 8gb

32 gb ram 3600 mhz

samsung ssd m.2 2gb\s write

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. You may try to restore Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps to resolve this problem for you. Here's the article for the steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html#AdjustpreferencesinPhotoshop

Also, if you have customized Photoshop preferences then, you should back up the preferences. Here's how you backup Photoshop preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Mohit 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I did reset the preferences and it seems to be better now. It is still a bit stuttery, but its much more responisve and doesn't miss clicks.

Have a wonderful day,

Adrian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So, after reseting the preferences and it working properly for only a short while, sampling started doing the same problems mentioned before. This is happening to me for quite some time, running on diferent windows machines. It's starting to bother me more and more lately because i am doing comercial work only on windows for the past couple of weeks, and this lag/stutter is quite disruptive to my workflow. As mentioned before, this doesnt happen only with the wacom table, but by pressing alt on my keyboard too. Changing different performance prefferences like changing the video card settings from advanced to normal, don't seem to help. Keep in mind my PC specs that are mentioned in the previous post.

Thanks,

Adrian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after a bit more research, i found out that the lag is made by the 'show overlay' in the clone source tab group. Deactivating it fixes the issue, but I can't consider this a 'fix' as i am disabling an usefull tool functionality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get Version 22?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recieved the update this morning, it's probably still rolling out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess from the CC app, it might not have replicated everywhere. Try Help>check for updates in the CC application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. If you're a fast user like me, this little lag makes working with the clone stamp tool and the healing brush very frustrating. These tools didn't behave like this in older versions. I hope they acknowledge this as a bug. Sadly, only people who work fast will see this as a problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you change the sampling rate for your mouse, I think I saw a thread suggesting that...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have tried changing the sampling rate from 125 to 225 to 500 to 1000 and it doesn't seem to do anything. Also it seems that disabling show overlay in clone source tab solves the issue, also disabiling the video card in performace prefs seems to solve the issue the ps becomes a mess to work with. I am having the latest studio drivers from nvidia, I tried even reinstalling, reseting prefernces, changing different prefrecences. Nothing seems to work without making of the compromises stated before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's mouse related. When trying improbable solutions, I unplugged my mouse and that didn't work. Then I unplugged my wacom and that didn't work either.

I have a i9-9900K, an RTX2080ti, 32Gb of RAM and latest drivers, so I can rule out performance. Something changed on these last versions of PS as this wasn't an issue before. Both, cloning and healing tools were snappy even with "show overlay" activated. I can also confirm this is unrelated to the ALT key arming the context menus, as I have deactivated that with PSAssistant. I have also disabled all windows accessibility features and I'm doing all the recommended  windows ink tricks.

The only workaround I've found is to deactivate "show overlay". It's not a big deal unless you need to clone/heal over something that needs precise alignment. In that case I activate it temporarily. Any professional knows that these little things shorten our life expectancy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0