Highlighted

PS2020 Move Tool Drag After Releasing Layer

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I upgraded to PS 2020 and this issue started happening. When I am using the move tool, there seems to be a very small delay from the time I release the hold on the selected layer. This causes the layer to move to the direction of the cursor very slightly. When I release the layer and not move my cursor (about 1 second), it stays in place. This doesn't happen when I transform the layer. And this is not present on PS 2019.

I've attached a video to explain it better. The first part shows that even after releasing the text, it still moves to the direction of the cursor. The second part shows that when using the transform tool, this issue doesn't happen.

I'm not sure if this is just because of the settings. And this is also the reason why I am hesitant to update my PS 2019. I am using an iMac with trackpad, running Catalina. PS 2020 21.2.1

Thank you 🙂

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS2020 Move Tool Drag After Releasing Layer

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I upgraded to PS 2020 and this issue started happening. When I am using the move tool, there seems to be a very small delay from the time I release the hold on the selected layer. This causes the layer to move to the direction of the cursor very slightly. When I release the layer and not move my cursor (about 1 second), it stays in place. This doesn't happen when I transform the layer. And this is not present on PS 2019.

I've attached a video to explain it better. The first part shows that even after releasing the text, it still moves to the direction of the cursor. The second part shows that when using the transform tool, this issue doesn't happen.

I'm not sure if this is just because of the settings. And this is also the reason why I am hesitant to update my PS 2019. I am using an iMac with trackpad, running Catalina. PS 2020 21.2.1

Thank you 🙂

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?