PS2021 Locked up while using pen tool for extraction

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While using the pen tool to cut out a subject, PS 2021 froze, or locked up when I was about 3/4 of the way through with my selection.  When I restarted the program, I reopened the photo I was working on using Open Recent, and the photo opens  and there is a blue line around the subject where I had made my previous selection.  I would like to finish that selection.  How do I pick up where I left off?  I don't want to have to start over.  Thank you for any help!

Kelly

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS2021 Locked up while using pen tool for extraction

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While using the pen tool to cut out a subject, PS 2021 froze, or locked up when I was about 3/4 of the way through with my selection.  When I restarted the program, I reopened the photo I was working on using Open Recent, and the photo opens  and there is a blue line around the subject where I had made my previous selection.  I would like to finish that selection.  How do I pick up where I left off?  I don't want to have to start over.  Thank you for any help!

Kelly

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Look in your Paths panel and confirm that the path you started earlier is selected. If you haven't named it yet, do that now by double-clicking it. Then use your Pen tool and hover over an open end of the path until the icon changes to a slash. Click once to connect to the existing path and carry on.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, you are awesome!  Thank you very much for the help!!!

Kelly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0