• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

psd and jpeg formats

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After post work, i save psd always, then i resize and save a 72 dpi copy for the web. problem is the large psd file later opens as a 72 dpi file, and a jpeg file, as well. this defeats the purpose of resizing and saving psd format. i even save in two different places.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the wrong understanding.  A document resolution is a printer setting that set the Pixel size the image will be printed with. You need a lot of high quality pixels to print a large print with small high resolution pixels.  Displays can not change their Pixel size,  Displays display a fixed number of pixels the are all the same fixed size. This Can not be changed.   What is important  on the web is the number of pixel you have in the web images.  The document canvas size x Px wide y px height.  Web application like Browsers can scale image via HTML for viewing but you do want have large prints  high resolution print size image being transferred across the web then scaled down for viewing on a display, Its was wast of web bandwidth slows down response wast of sever disk resources etc.

Any DPI resolution setting is meaningless when it come to any display they can not change their resolution and they display a fixed number of pixels.  They display one size image with there fixed size pixels.  Like your TV. Small TV have smaller pixels than larger TV. smaller TV have higher resolution image then larger TV, Both display the same number of pixels.

You need to resample your images down in size for the web.  You want fewer pixels in you web size images, Resolution means nothing. Two files You Print size file and your web size file.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe support was able to understand my issue, and we reset photoshop preferences back to default. matter resolved. thanks for your explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines