PSD Freezing Mid Save, Corrupting Files & Needing System Reboot to Use Again

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Been having this reoccuring issue for months now since using CC on the cloud- desperate for reccomendations on how to stop this.

Using a 2017 Macbook Pro / Mojave. When hitting SAVE on a file, it will freeze at a random percent & not complete the save. Photoshop will continue working in full form, but anything I hit SAVE on after this initial file will not save, so all work done after this point is lost. Which tends to be a lot because I work in design & use photoshop all day, every day. Some of the files I try to save will flatten, or get corrupted. The only way to exit the program at this point is to force quit, but even then it will not reopen. At this point, shutting down/restarting the computer doesn't work either, photoshop blocks it in the background, so I have to do a hard reboot. Sometimes this won't happen for days/a week, other times it happenx 3x in one day. Losing my mind (& so many work files) - this happening to anyone else/any tips????

Thanks!
Stephanie 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PSD Freezing Mid Save, Corrupting Files & Needing System Reboot to Use Again

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Been having this reoccuring issue for months now since using CC on the cloud- desperate for reccomendations on how to stop this.

Using a 2017 Macbook Pro / Mojave. When hitting SAVE on a file, it will freeze at a random percent & not complete the save. Photoshop will continue working in full form, but anything I hit SAVE on after this initial file will not save, so all work done after this point is lost. Which tends to be a lot because I work in design & use photoshop all day, every day. Some of the files I try to save will flatten, or get corrupted. The only way to exit the program at this point is to force quit, but even then it will not reopen. At this point, shutting down/restarting the computer doesn't work either, photoshop blocks it in the background, so I have to do a hard reboot. Sometimes this won't happen for days/a week, other times it happenx 3x in one day. Losing my mind (& so many work files) - this happening to anyone else/any tips????

Thanks!
Stephanie 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0

Have something to add?