• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD Icons on desktop now show as a pencil icon

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made some changes to my systen settings, to deactivate downloading photos every time I connect my iPhone.  After making several changes to my system settings, any psd thumbnail icons on my destop now show up with a "pencil" icon, rather than a pic of the file itself.  How do I change a setting back to see what the file icon actually looks like on my desktop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound right, could you please try chaning the file assocation settings and make Photoshop the default app for opening psd files?

Windows: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-file-associations-in-windows-2624477
macOS: https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/how-to-manage-file-associations-in-macos/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  I went thru the procedure that you listed for Windows.  Went to the default setting and found the .psd file extension.  Clicked on Photoshop CS6 and the desktop icons still look like pencils and when doble clicked - open in Autodesk Sketchbook.

I had never gotten into this setting dialog box earlier.  I must have checked/unchecked some other type of setting.  Any other suggestions?

TY in advance.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did you solve this problem. I'm having the same proplem and dont know how to fix it.

Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Can anyone figure out what is causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi how did you solve this problem my computer is doing it to ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines