Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD JS Script with remote files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I’m working on a project where I need to apply several templates into a product mockup.

I’m using Photoshop and js scripting to make it totally automatic.

At the moment I’ve already been able to do it locally with a script I’ve found. This script runs throw a psd file, with a mock-up, edit a smart object applying the templates stored on a specific folder and for each saves a jpeg.

The goal is to do this remotely, the templates will be hosted outside my computer, and I’ll get csv file with the path info.

Is this possible?

Thank you

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by remotely: on a server? You should be able to do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck, 

Ty for the answer. Yes the data (images and some ids) will be server side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What protocal  do you plan to transfer the remote psd to the local machine for editing?  HTML UNC Samba smb how will authorization be done

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack,

I'm using your script the this purpose, and for that a big thanks.

Well the .psd will be in a computer, but the data will be in server side. I assume it will need some kind of auth, will it be inside the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My script process file in folders and the folder with Collection of  Object replacement need to organized in sub-folder named for the smart object layer stack levels for the mockups.  To only way my script will work with remote files is if the remote files system is mounted on your as a disk.  The object still have to be the object replacement folder in sub-folders obj0, obj1, ... objN.  Adobe Photoshop does not officially support remote files system but they work.   Adobe does not want to be in the network business except for the creative cloud even then if you need to share access I believe you need creative cloud for teams. There need to be access controls and access rights and ways of tracking. Sharing is one thing updating requires controls and versioning so bad changes can be backed out. You need some kind of library system if the network file system is read/write access.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines