• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD textbox vertical text alignment

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if there is a possibility to align a text in a TEXTBOX (important - no one-liners without textbox, that is not what I need!) in PSD VERTICALLY.

As mentioned, I know that I can align one-liners without making a textbox, but this is not what I need (because the text is longer, and the no-textbox option has the problem that you need to insert line-breaks MANUALLY, this is not an option for me!).

And yes, I know that PSD is not a text-layout tool, but the job has to be done in PSD. No possibility to change that! (I prefer InDesign for real text layouts, yes. But no way here.)

I am making social media posts for a client, 4 formats in total - the text for the 4 posts should be aligned vertically in the middle of the format, but the amount of text is variable.
I know I can make the textbox exactly the hight of the text, but that would mean I need to go into every textbox and change that manualy. And if you work with PSD you know this change can be a pain in the a** as this is not very accurate...

If this function is not available - like it is in InDesign for example - here is my recommendation for the Adobe team: Please add this little but very important feature. That text boxes in PSD also have the possibility to align text VERTICALLY. I would so much appreciate this option!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure, see the examples of our clients below.
I have to make several "Instagram Posts" for this clients, where the text should always be aligned in the middle vertically and horizontally. But the lenght of the text is different - and it is NO ONE-LINER, so I HAVE to make a textbox to not have to make line brakes manually.
It would be so much easier if the textbox allows a "vertical alignment" just as this is an option in InDesign so the text always is aligned automatically in the middle, no matter how long the text ist.

I mean THIS OPTION from InDesign here:

Unbenannt.PNG

I cannot make these Insta Posts in InDesign, as I need the images as JPG afterwards for web application - which is possible to export from InDesign but not prefered because of rendering issues/adjustment issues, which are much better from Photoshop which should be clear here I guess.

CH_OR_GinzingGlow_EnergyGlow_SocialMedia_Vertical_01.jpg

CH_OR_GinzingGlow_EnergyGlow_SocialMedia_Vertical_02.jpg

CH_OR_GinzingGlow_EnergyGlow_SocialMedia_Vertical_03.jpg

I would very much appreciate if this InDesign option will find its way into Photoshop, really!
It would give me so much more time to really put into my work than I have to use to "edit text boxes" now - because I really often have to add text in PSD for online visuals and it is always annoying to have to work "turnarounds" to get a text "just vertically centered".

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: It would be even more glorious if other textbox options from InDesign would find their way into Photoshop too!

Another one would be: Fitting the size of a textbox with to the text lenght automatically just with a shortcut for example.
In InDesign you can do this with the shortcut Strg + Alt + C (Windows) which is just wonderful.

Maybe thinking about adding several "textbox options" from InDesign into Photoshop would be a nice thing to think about. I know PSD is not a text editing programm, and I am for sure not using it for big editorial projects or print projects.
But it is reality that Social Media/online visualizations have just became more, and they just HAVE much text often and are better done with PSD because of image quality and adjustments when rendering it out for online/web application.

So if there would be an adoption of all the best options from textual menues from InDesign into PSD it would be just glorious! The other way round - putting rendering options into InDesign export tools would also be a thing to think about maybe.

I am using PSD and InDesign 90% of the day at work, and I really appreciate every single of this tools very much. And I totally understand what InDesign and PSD is for and use every tool for the right purpose and love it.
But as I said, times now are that the lines between digital and print are often merging together - and so I guess merging these two programs "together" (in the idea of: bringing the best of every tool into the respectively other) should be really something to think about.

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the only hack I could see would be to tighten the text box on the text, then get a selection tool, select all, then Layer>Align Layers to Selection>Vertical Centers. with insert menu items, one could insert it in an action.

I suggest to post and vote on this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-center-text-vertically-in-bounding-box-li...

Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible, why your workflow needs this, the hours wasted, etc.. (corrected link from feedback to community)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes, that IS the only option I have right now - but it is just a pain in the a** and is time-consuming at work, which is really not necessary...

Thanks for the link, I upvoted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is now a merged thread on feedback, I updated the link posted earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my situation also. I use Photoshop to create text graphics for video editing daily, and am looking for any kind of solution to inprove work flow, whether an extension or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upvoted to! Very good idea and nessesary for working with variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines