• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Psd to pdf

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem, by mistake i saved mi psd file in to pdf, so the psd file doesnt exist anymore only the pdf version, so my question is, it is a way to recover my psd version file or no.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save the pdf with »Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities« checked? 

What kind of elements did the psd contain and what were the pdf settings you used? 

Can you provide the file or at least meaningful screenshots? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open a PSD and save as a PDF then the original PSD should still be on your disk. The PDF is a separate file.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tangential question - what happened to the bug where resaving the original PSD, after saving out a separate PDF, caused "Layers" to be unchecked - thus in effect permanently flattening your PSD?

Is it still there? That was a nasty one. You'd be a good boy/girl and save the original, only to discover later that all your layers were lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still there. It happens if you do not preserve the editing capabilities then save as a pdf. You then go to save the original document as a psd and find the "layers" box has been unchecked for you. There are, very small, warnings but they are easily missed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks. Maybe that's what happened here - not entirely clear on what the OP actually means by "not there".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Dave. You cannot overwrite a psd file with a pdf file, so the original psd file should still be somewhere (unless you manually deleted it).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines