Highlighted

Pshop Corruption Etc.

Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experienceing repeated Pshop Prefs corrutptions, also occastional Save File errors. I just now installed the current update 21.2.4. Is it possible there were program errors/bugs that this update attempts to mitigate? Is anyone else having similar issues? I wouldn't typically inquire about this, but my system has been completely stable (esp Pshop) for many years, with only very rare issues. Recent issues were remedied by restting prefs, but I may be having repeated corruptions which hasn't occured in MANY years.

I am using a 2013 MacPro (OS 10.14.6), so perhaps my computer is getting a hint of dementia. I have one critical app that won't currently run on Catalina, so am waiting for that fix before installing Catalina.

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pshop Corruption Etc.

Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experienceing repeated Pshop Prefs corrutptions, also occastional Save File errors. I just now installed the current update 21.2.4. Is it possible there were program errors/bugs that this update attempts to mitigate? Is anyone else having similar issues? I wouldn't typically inquire about this, but my system has been completely stable (esp Pshop) for many years, with only very rare issues. Recent issues were remedied by restting prefs, but I may be having repeated corruptions which hasn't occured in MANY years.

I am using a 2013 MacPro (OS 10.14.6), so perhaps my computer is getting a hint of dementia. I have one critical app that won't currently run on Catalina, so am waiting for that fix before installing Catalina.

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to edit my Post above, but the edit option is not available (or I'm not seeing it).

After resetting Pshop Prefs yesterday, any text entries are now appearing in ALL CAPS -in any font, and only in Pshop. The Caps Lock is OFF. And the issue only occurs with the Text tool. I can use lower case to rename layers. I also just installed the 21.2.4 update.

Lastly in the Finder level Prefs folder I see 2 related Prefs files, and wonder what is the second file:

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist.f3bQtFG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0