Highlighted

PSUserConfig.txt trick no longer works !

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since the last update of photoshop (V.21.2.2), the PSUserConfig.txt trick for pressure problem no longer work for me. To correct this I need to use the Windows Ink, but now I have the popups problem (ctrl, alt, shift, under the cursor).

I have W10 Home and the "turn off pen feedback" don't work for me.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem, please ?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

For clarity, the latest version is designed to use Windows Ink. If you have previously used Wintab by adding PSUserConfig.txt then delete it and enable Windows Ink in tablet properties.

If you have further issues to feed to developers then you can raise bug reports/feature requests at the link below , where they will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PSUserConfig.txt trick no longer works !

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since the last update of photoshop (V.21.2.2), the PSUserConfig.txt trick for pressure problem no longer work for me. To correct this I need to use the Windows Ink, but now I have the popups problem (ctrl, alt, shift, under the cursor).

I have W10 Home and the "turn off pen feedback" don't work for me.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem, please ?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

For clarity, the latest version is designed to use Windows Ink. If you have previously used Wintab by adding PSUserConfig.txt then delete it and enable Windows Ink in tablet properties.

If you have further issues to feed to developers then you can raise bug reports/feature requests at the link below , where they will be seen by Adobe staff.

Dave

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem: have to roll back to the older version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. But we pay a subscription to get the latest versions of a software, not to work on old versions!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same lousy issue and i am really angry about it.

Adobe <- FAIL!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It's really annoying and totally unbelievable, this bug has been existing for years and it's still not fixed!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am olso experiencing the same problem on windows 10. Today i also updated ps on my last gen imac and it has the same issue, no pen pressure. In the release notes, it said that it fixed various tablet bugs but seems that it broke it completly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, I'm gonna try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would, if I was able to sign in there. There's a bug in the sign in script that prevents me from doing so. It says that I'm successfully logged in, while I never am.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on God's Green Earth must any Creative Professional have to resort to constantly checking a Community Support Page.....JUST to suddenly find out that the "OLD HACK" needed to fix "Professional Software"....is outdated and we can all "happily" use "Windows Ink" now?🤔

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, using windows ink means we get the shift/ctrl/alt popup bubbles which get in the way.  Would love the option to do without windows ink (or an option to remove those bubbles).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines