• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[PT] When I start Photoshop, the message appears: error reading the machine's specific preferences.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Photoshop, the message appears: error reading the machine's specific preferences. How to solve?

Quando inicio o Photoshop aparece a mensagem: erro ao ler as preferencias especificas da máquina. Como resolver?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try deleting the preferences file

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

2020-09-17 14_00_57-Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Photoshop and Hold DOWN Command+Option+Shift and then open Photoshop again, holding the keys down until you see the dialogue box asking you to remove the preferences.

Hope that helps!
happy Photoshopping!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did this procedure and when I opened photoshop again the same thing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm. Did you restart the entire machine? Did Photoshop ever work on this machine?

If this machine old? Check out the minimum requirements and see if it fits.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If your computer is strong enough then I might try calling Adobe Support... they can log on to see your screen and walk you thru the problem.

Hope its resolved for you soon.

Cheers,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm. Did you restart the entire machine? Did Photoshop ever work on this machine?

If this machine old? Check out the minimum requirements and see if it fits.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If your computer is strong enough then I might try calling Adobe Support... they can log on to see your screen and walk you thru the problem.

Hope its resolved for you soon.

Cheers,

Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Mark, I have an ongoing problem with Photoshop resetting my preferences without my permission. Adobe has for years denied that this is possible yet it keeps happening. Today I received this error message for the first time and I assume it is the same bug that has caused the problems in the past. How do I avoid this going forward? I cannot afford the loss of time in losing all my preferences and presets every few weeks!

Screenshot (339).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey,

sorry for my late reply. I was away this weekend. So this is a bummer, I am so sorry to hear of your issues. To help, you can export your presets under Edit>Presets>Export/Import and then you can import them once up and running. And you should also be able to sync your settings.

But it sounds like you are having a bunch of issues. Maybe you are better off removing Photoshop completely, and then re-installing the latest version? If none of this works, I would try calling Adobe support who can log on to your computer and see what is happening.

Hope this helps.

best,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines