Highlighted

Pulling in pictures

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you pull a picture into photoshop does it save a duplicate image of your photo? Does it mean that it's in my computer twice? I noticed that I can see a picture I've deleted from my computer. 

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pulling in pictures

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you pull a picture into photoshop does it save a duplicate image of your photo? Does it mean that it's in my computer twice? I noticed that I can see a picture I've deleted from my computer. 

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I noticed that I can see a picture I've deleted from my computer. «

Please elaborate. As we cannot see what’s going on on your computer that »description« does not seem useful … 

»When you pull a picture into photoshop does it save a duplicate image of your photo?«

While an image is open in Photoshop Photoshop stores it in RAM and (if RAM is insufficient) on the Scratch Disk/s, so one could say it exists a second time, and depending on the »Automatically Save Recovery Information …«-Preferences-setting there may even be an additional back-up-file, but I am not sure what you actually mean. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say you have a JPEG that's called, "image.jpg." You open it in Photoshop and go to save (using Ctrl/Cmd + S). Photoshop will default to its own format (which is PSD) instead of the document's original file type when saving this document, therefore leaving the original document untouched. If you don't intend to keep the original, you'll have to delete it yourself *unless* you save with the same file name and file type in the same location. (Photoshop will always ask if you want to replace.)

You can also use Image > Duplicate on the menu bar if you're feeling paranoid.  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»You open it in Photoshop and go to save (using Ctrl/Cmd+ S). Photoshop will default to its own format (which is PSD) instead of the document's original file type when saving this document«

If one introduced any features that the original file format does not support at least (like Layers for jpg). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines