• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Punctuation moves to beginning of line of text

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm typing a line of text, if I have punctuation at the end of the line it moves it to the beginning of the line. I'm using CS6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Did you do a Forum search before posting?

Punctuation goes back to the beginning of the sentence

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a Forum search before posting?

Punctuation goes back to the beginning of the sentence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to but somehow this result wasn't showing up for me--I don't know why. That fixed it, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me right away as well, but it worked once I changed it not through Preferences, but through Paragraph window

Make sure it is a window, not a widget in the panel / Go into the top corner meny (three lines icon) / Choose Single-line Composer.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem. What worked was to change it to the type tool. For some reason, Illustrator automatically sets it to the right-to-left type tool. The shortcut is also linked to the right-to-left type tool as you can see in the photo. Make sure that when you type, it is set to the type tool, not the right-to-left tool. You also might want to set the shortcut to the type tool if you use shortcuts. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c_pfaffenbichler why be so nasty, just don't comment if you have to comment with a snarky reply #behappy #getwellsoon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but these options are not in Pr Pro, how can I fix it in Pr Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I just downloaded the latest version of Adobe Photoshop CC and am having this same issue with the punctuation appearing at the beginning of words instead of at the end. I've tried to change all the Type preferences and nothing seems to be working 😞 Does anyone have any insight into what else I might be able to try? 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I've tried to change all the Type preferences and nothing seems to be working«

You could try to actually describe the specifics and post meaningful screenshots including the pertinent Panels and dialogs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you just come across as extremely smug in your messages.  You seem like you need a hug or maybe a hobby outside of trying to feel superior over people looking for help online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@slsk0D45 wrote:

Wow, you just come across as extremely smug in your messages.  You seem like you need a hug or maybe a hobby outside of trying to feel superior over people looking for help online.

In my experience written communication can fairly easily lead to misinterpretation of »tone«. 

So while you might have been trying to be helpful your post seems somewhat inappropriate to me. 

But who knows, I might have misinterpreted your intention? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO!
for illustrator and  photoshop 

it's the Paragraph Direction setting

it is in the paragraph window

there are 2 buttons to choose from  >Ph   Ph<

this will move your punctuation and numbering to the correct spot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude your a legend.  The only one with the answer but going by the feed everyone else ignored you to their detriment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find >Ph Ph<

I'm looking in the paragraph box on the right of my photo.  This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PsHelp.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude youre legend thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the best, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wussies,

Also for after effects this is the solution that worked for me!

Now punctuation is added correctly

DigitalGrowt267018927p1e_0-1674031908000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, this worked. thank you very much for taking the time to write a simple answer for everyone to understand.

Crackers how unhelpful some users can be in a 'Support community', they need to look up both those words in a dictionary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I can't find the solution. It is very very annoying! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Character, Paragraph, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - annoying is putting it mildly. 
Come on Adobe - please fix this - it's a type tool . 

Any solutions for CC 2020? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been desperately trying to fix this problem. Googling and seeing your replies along with others, and ya just keep pointing out to read other pages. I tried all the links you've shared, nothing has helped! Whenever I type at the end of the sentence and do an exclamation or punctuation mark, it takes me back to the beginning. I tried changing the language settings from all world to latin and asian, nothing has helped. I don't have any paragraph option to fix which way it types like some of the screenshots show. It just started doing it this week out of nowhere. I close out of the program and go back and it does the same thing. It was working fine up until now and I haven't done anything differently. What is going on?? It's extremely frustrating since we use these programs for work and now we can't get anything done because it's so bothersome.

Here's a screenshot of me trying to type "!?" at the end of the word Drive, it just goes back to the start but it's hard to select and remove as though it were actually there at the front. Does that make sense? I don't know how to fix this and nothing I have found online has worked. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t panic. 

What have you done for general trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Character, Paragraoh, Options Bar, …) and the relevant menus visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines