• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet Warp broken with Layer Effects

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a Puppet Warp effect is applied as a Smart Filter to an object, and that object is given a layer effect, things get really glitchy, depending on the zoom levels. Here's a short gif demonstrating it:

GiftedDiligentGavial-size_restricted.gif

Here is the full image when I save it as a .png:

Untitled-1a2.png

Using the latest version of Photoshop 2021, Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-7700k, AMD Sapphire 5700.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to remember the only time you are viewing your image's actual pixels is when you zoom to 100% to  view your image images actual pixels.  At any other zoom percentage you are not viewing your image,  You are viewing a quickly scaled version of your image.  Photoshop zoom scaling is done quickly  for performance not slowly for best image quality so you can work on your image with little or no lag. At some zoom percentages the rendered image looks quit poor.  Judge quality when zoomed to actual pixels 100% zoom. 

I have no idea of how you created your gif or how it is trying to show  a puppet warp zooming and  layer effect problem. 

If the problem is the vertical ands horizontal straight line in the file should  not exist you need the find out at point in you processing these were added.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the .png export look different from the 100% preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zooming should not change your image. However, you only see your image zommed 100%. At any other zoom percentage you not viewing your image. You are not viweing your images pixels.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course, but I don't care half as much about the preview as I do the actual export. Worst case scenario I can keep the PSD open in another image viewer to verify the changes I'm making; but what do I do when the flattened image is also glitched?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines