• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting tool options into an action?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, if I create an action that, as part of the action selects the dodge tool for example, is there a way to have the options panel values recorded (highlights, 10%) so any time I run the action, the dodge tool starts with these defaults?  I looked at a bunch of things on actions, but didn't find anything that mentioned tool options being included...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set your adjustment settings value to a relative 10 %  while recording the step. Then expand the action step so you can see what was recorded,   Was the step recorded with a relative percentage.   Action step have fixed settings,  If you want to chant values you can turn on the steps dialog to make it interactive, You can not batch action with interactive steps, They require user intervention.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't appear to be any "expand the action step"...  I presume you tried this, so can you explain how to expand the step "select dodge" so I can modify the step? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a Toot Preset and ins a action Select the Tool. You may need to use a script in the action to select the Tool. The Action recorder does not record a select tool for selecting  all of Photoshop tools . Photoshop  Action recorder just records the selection of some tools.  Once the action has selected the tool the action can select the tool preset you added to your Photoshop.   You can only select tool preset for the current tool normal. You can not change Photoshop UI to show all tool preset  in an Action or script so any tool's preset can be selected. Hets ias a script the can be modifiled toe selet any tool you wnat to select in as action.

selectTool("magicLassoTool");
function selectTool(tool) {
    var desc9 = new ActionDescriptor();
        var ref7 = new ActionReference();
        ref7.putClass( app.stringIDToTypeID(tool) );
    desc9.putReference( app.charIDToTypeID('null'), ref7 );
    executeAction( app.charIDToTypeID('slct'), desc9, DialogModes.NO );
};
/* Some Photoshop tool names here you will not see the Frame tool here I even removed it from my Tool Bar so don't look here
'moveTool'                     'cloneStampTool'            'typeCreateOrEditTool'            'artboardTool'
'marqueeRectTool'              'patternStampTool'          'typeVerticalCreateOrEditTool'    'perspectiveCropTool'
'marqueeEllipTool'             'historyBrushTool'          'typeCreateMaskTool'              'eyedropperTool'              
'marqueeSingleRowTool'         'artBrushTool'              'typeVerticalCreateMaskTool'      '3DMaterialSelectTool'
'marqueeSingleColumnTool'      'eraserTool'                'pathComponentSelectTool'         "magicLassoTool" 
'lassoTool'                    'backgroundEraserTool'      'directSelectTool'
'polySelTool'                  'magicEraserTool'           'rectangleTool'
'magneticLassoTool'            'gradientTool'              'roundedRectangleTool'
'quickSelectTool'              'bucketTool'                'ellipseTool'
'magicWandTool'                'blurTool'                  'polygonTool'
'cropTool'                     'sharpenTool'               'lineTool'
'sliceTool'                    'smudgeTool'                'customShapeTool'
'sliceSelectTool'              'dodgeTool'                 'textAnnotTool'
'spotHealingBrushTool'         'burnInTool'                'soundAnnotTool'
'magicStampTool'               'saturationTool'            'eyedropperTool'
'patchSelection'               'penTool'                   'colorSamplerTool'
'redEyeTool'                   'freeformPenTool'           'rulerTool'
'paintbrushTool'               'addKnotTool'               'handTool'
'pencilTool'                   'deleteKnotTool'            'zoomTool'
'colorReplacementBrushTool'    'convertKnotTool'           'wetBrushTool' 
*/
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very handy looking...  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines