Puzzle - GIF with Transparent Background with Radius Gradient

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I posted my question on Stack Exchange Graphic Design site (GIF with Transparency Gradient (Photoshop) - Graphic Design Stack Exchange) but figured I'd better ask here too. From what I was told by the first person to reply is that what I did is not possible. Now I want to find out what I did and if it can be reproduced.

About a year ago I created a GIF file that has a transparent background although it also has a cicrle path with a radius gradient. (Screenshots in the question at Stack Exchange). I wanted to make some changes and discovered that I don't remember what I did to get this to be a GIF with the transparency working so well.

I'm using the same PSD file from when I created the initial GIF. I don't use any third party plugins or use any scripting (other than what is builtin with Photoshop). I followed my normal save pattern of using the Export feature Save for the Web (Legacy) tool (I like the comparsion view it provides) and can't seem to replicate my file.

Anyone have any ideas? I can provide the PSD and the GIF file to anyone that would like to look at them. I will say that the PSD file is simply just two layers. One layer with a shape, and the other layer for the circle path centered on the shape with a radius gradient overlay using red and white colors.

So can't edit or remove...figured it out thanks to a suggestion of what may have happened.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Make It, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Puzzle - GIF with Transparent Background with Radius Gradient

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I posted my question on Stack Exchange Graphic Design site (GIF with Transparency Gradient (Photoshop) - Graphic Design Stack Exchange) but figured I'd better ask here too. From what I was told by the first person to reply is that what I did is not possible. Now I want to find out what I did and if it can be reproduced.

About a year ago I created a GIF file that has a transparent background although it also has a cicrle path with a radius gradient. (Screenshots in the question at Stack Exchange). I wanted to make some changes and discovered that I don't remember what I did to get this to be a GIF with the transparency working so well.

I'm using the same PSD file from when I created the initial GIF. I don't use any third party plugins or use any scripting (other than what is builtin with Photoshop). I followed my normal save pattern of using the Export feature Save for the Web (Legacy) tool (I like the comparsion view it provides) and can't seem to replicate my file.

Anyone have any ideas? I can provide the PSD and the GIF file to anyone that would like to look at them. I will say that the PSD file is simply just two layers. One layer with a shape, and the other layer for the circle path centered on the shape with a radius gradient overlay using red and white colors.

So can't edit or remove...figured it out thanks to a suggestion of what may have happened.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Make It, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2020 0
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0