Highlighted

QR Code - Could not place because ICC profile version not supported

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am tryng to drop a QR code (png) for my website onto a design - however, the error in the subject above is preventing me.

I'm not sure what the ICC profile is, or why it is not supported. Is it an issue with my setup? Or is it and issue with my QR code?

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

QR Code - Could not place because ICC profile version not supported

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am tryng to drop a QR code (png) for my website onto a design - however, the error in the subject above is preventing me.

I'm not sure what the ICC profile is, or why it is not supported. Is it an issue with my setup? Or is it and issue with my QR code?

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to look at the PNG. Don't link to an image file; use the "insert photos" option.

An ICC profile deals with color management and how colors will be handled on, say, a target device.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

qr_code.PNG

Image inserted. Thanks, so is that target device the laptop that I am working on, so my laptop settings aren't optimised for the QR code I am importing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same message, so there is definitely something corrupt about this file.

I did, however, get it to open in Windows Paint, which is not color managed at all and will just ignore any icc profiles. I then saved it back out without profile. So you can use this. It doesn't have an icc profile and will open in Photoshop (as "untagged"):

qr_code_4.png

I never thought I'd say this, but you don't need an icc profile in this image. If for some reason you do, you can assign one in Photoshop and Export/Save For Web with "embed profile" checked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 2