• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quantify the changes

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I am a student who for her degree thesis would like to use Photoshop to modify images of bodies. I am not very familiar with this program so I would like to ask you if it is possible to quantify (in cm, in percentages) the changes made to the bodies or to individual areas of the body?!

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not easily. The measurment tools are rudimentary and deriving areas from a pixel selection still would require some kind of formula. and the reverse is even trickier, since technically there is no way to just dial in a value to make a thin person bulkier or similar. It would be al ltrial and error with distortion effects and such and then measuring after the fact until you have doen this often enough to get a feeling for what minute changes to your images mean in real world units. Of course you can still do all that, but it's not going to be intuitive and depending on the number of images this could be a lot of work. Asking around in your science communities for some AI-based image analysis software or similar might be an easier path.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines