Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Photoshop printing

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

i recently purchased the Epson XP 4100 ink jet printer. i want to be able to print a sticker onto printable sticker paper but first I've been trying to print on paper to test it. It's mainly black and has gold around it (I customized a Johnnie Walker Black Label in photoshop that I'm converting into a sticker). I understand print is usually done on CMYK mode but when I try to print it, it still shows faded on paper. I go to print, I have Colour Handling: Photoshop Manages Colours selected, Match Print Colours, Gamut Warning and Show Paper White selected and quality at BEST. But still not giving me the exact colours. What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a direct answer but... this is a basic desktop printer, and you CANNOT print to it in CMYK. It would have to be turned back to RGB. So continue to work in RGB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gold is very difficult to print.

Moreover with the "quickdraw" print pipeline, you'll be better sending an RGB file, a CMYK would simply be converted to RGB, then separation for the specific ink colours is dealt with inside the priter driver software.

Basic desktop printers (those without a software RIP) almost all need to be sent RGB files, its pointless sending CMYK unless you are looking for a proof of an external CMYK process.

In that Photoshop print panel, where you select photoshop manages colour, turn off match print colour & turn off show paper white and select a specific ICC profile for the printer/ ink/ paper you are using.

I suggest you read more about ICC profiles, what they are, why you need them, what they do etc here: 

https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/about-icc-colour-profiles/

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines