Questions regarding registering a license

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if I register a license on mac, firstly, is the licence permanent? (CS6) Secondly, if I register it on mac, are the adobe products usable on windows?

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Questions regarding registering a license

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if I register a license on mac, firstly, is the licence permanent? (CS6) Secondly, if I register it on mac, are the adobe products usable on windows?

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CS6 has not been sold by Adobe for some time, the licence key is specific to the OS, so if you have a MAC licence key you cannot use it to activate CS6 on Windows

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not been selling perpetual Photoshop licenses for years; when and where did you procure it? 

I am not sure if it’s even still possible but the procedure to transfer a license was not completely easy. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

And as far as I can remember the CS licenses were platform-specific along with the installers. 

Again I am not sure if the page on the issue is still relevant: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 1
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The platform exchange is no longer available for CS6

As Creative Suite 6 is no longer sold or supported, platform or language exchanges are not available for it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 1
D Fosse LATEST
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to be absolutely clear: if you bought this recently, it's a scam. CS6 hasn't been legitimately available for at least five years.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 1