• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick export as PNG / Export as with entire layer bounds

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I export using any of these options without cropping the layer by the document/art boards area?

This:

2020-11-17 21_10_18-home scene ui.psd @ 48% (RGB_8) _.png

Instead of this: 

2020-11-17 21_10_38-Window.png

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use File>Export>Export As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export As tries to export the entire Canvas instead of the layer isolated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can understand you correctly then you must reveal invisible part or in other words to expand canvas. Photoshop will keep that part in PSD file but it will remain invisible (will crop it) when exporting because canvas area is defining what to save or export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would achieve what I'm trying to do, but that's what I was trying to avoid because it would take too much time to export everything... they really need to add an option to the "Layer -> Export As" that exports the entire layer without being cropped by the canvas it belongs to. 😞

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use File>Export>Export As turn off the visibilty of all the other layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would still not reveal the rest of the layer I want and the size of the image exported will be of the canvas instead of the layer, since I'm doing UI for games I need the image size to be exact the layer I'm exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines