• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Export: PNG

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I usually save my images as "save as png" but here lately ever since i got a new beefy pc, theyve been saving at really large file sizes. around 20-26mb each. and they lag my phone out when i try to send it to myself. so i saw quick export as png ans was wondering, does this reduce any quality in the png? because its a significantly smaller file size, like 1-3mb. im picky on quality so i would love to know; or also know how to reduce png file sizes more.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. Png is "lossless compression", it won't degrade image quality to save space as in the case of jpeg.

Instead of File > Quick Export as PNG, Use File > Export as... and you will get a dialog box where you select PNG and have more control. You can downsize the image, uncheck "Metadata" to reduce the load and even uncheck Transparency if you don't need it in order to reduce file size. With today's high speed connections, it shouldn't make that much difference in load time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines