Quick question on Javascript and Photoshop/illustrator UI please

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently learning JS to better controll and automate Photshop and Illustrator.
I wanted ask a question in perticular about the unique UI framework that both programs use.

I know with scriting you can do just about anything you can do through the UI. Does that include control of the Panels?

For example through JS code, could I have the swatches panel open where the mouse coordinates are? not where it was at when it was last open. just like the right click function when brush tool is active

Does the same apply to Illustrator?

I did search about it but could only find answers to building panels for Photoshop. Thank you.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Quick question on Javascript and Photoshop/illustrator UI please

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently learning JS to better controll and automate Photshop and Illustrator.
I wanted ask a question in perticular about the unique UI framework that both programs use.

I know with scriting you can do just about anything you can do through the UI. Does that include control of the Panels?

For example through JS code, could I have the swatches panel open where the mouse coordinates are? not where it was at when it was last open. just like the right click function when brush tool is active

Does the same apply to Illustrator?

I did search about it but could only find answers to building panels for Photoshop. Thank you.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 1