Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick "export as" not transform styles correctly

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with using export as... tool.

When I try to export assets and do scaling, then styles don't apply correctly. Seems like it ignores shadow, glow, and bevels styles and doesn't resize it proportionally to the new scale. 

And the problem even appears if styles used inside smart objects. To avoid this I need to rasterize all layers where styles are applied.

I attached image example with 100% and 25% scale

Maybe there is some property which should scale styles proportionally but I couldn't find it.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.4 20200922.r.323 2020/09/22: 8e8e91e8543  x64

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know about export resizing I do not use export.  However Image Size may or may not scale layer styles. It depend on if you have your Images Size option Scale Style checked or not checked. Use the Image Size Dialog gear pull-down menu the see if it is checked or not.   Scale Styles seems to be an option. Howevet, I do not see any option in export resizing for layer styles scaling...

image.png

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJMack, thanks for your help. I too had this issue when exporting various scales through Export As. Now that I've enabled the Scale Styles setting it works as expected; now I can stop adding a "Copy Merged" layer on top before exporting every time 🙂

I don't believe this is a setting I ever disabled, but it seems like it should be enabled by default. Are there any possible caveats to having this setting enabled, aside from having the values in the styles adjust according to the adjusted scale?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines