Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Rasterize Smart Object

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

When doing quick work I often drag-and-drop images in, click on them once with the eraser to get the window saying I cannot edit the layer, would I like to rasterize it. This has been highly convenient over the years!

This has now been removed in the latest update and replaced with the window saying 'Could not use the eraser because the smart object is not directly editable.'

A bit frustrated at something else being needlessly changed, but for anyone who did anything similar, is there an alternative 'one click' option to rasterize or trigger the option to rasterize? Or am I doomed to setting up my own shortcut?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick way: right-click the Smart Object in the Layers panel and choose Rasterize Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Marja, that's what I've resorted to doing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing, but it has probably changed because of the new option to convert the SO to layers as an alternative to rasterising as a single layer.
You can set up a keyboard shortcut for either of those options.
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I've managed to create a shortcut for converting to SO and was just about to post to the community about there not being an shortcut option to rasterise layers... well, I can't find it.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction, please?

Many thanks in advance.

Ess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create a shortcut for Rasterise use Edit Keyboard shortcuts - make sure "Shortcuts for application menus" is selected and scroll down to Layer >Smart Objects >Rasterise  then make your shortcut

To create a shortcut for Convert to layers use Edit Keyboard shortcuts - make sure "Shortcuts for Panel menus" is selected and scroll down to Layers >Convert to Layers  then make your shortcut

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant! Done it!
Many thanks, Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been fixed in the photoshop 21.0.2 update.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-2020-dialog-change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines