• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Selection tool no longer working

Explorer ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My quick selection tool has suddenly stopped working. It's doing three strange things, the combination of which has made the tool completely unusable. 

1. If I have multiple layers and one layer has people in it, no matter which layer is selected, when I do Select Subject, the tool always selects the people. So if I am isolating something from another image that I want in my final design, I cant get the quick selection too to select it with Select Subject. This has never been a problem before. 
  2. When trying to select something manually, the tool always selects the entire image. I can't click anywhere and select one specific thing in the image. 
  3. The tool oddly does seem to work with images of people. If I am selecting an item of clothing on those people, I can manually select it. However, it is incredibly slow. Every click the computer stops to think. I get a blue bar showing the progress of the change, and it takes between 5-10 seconds for it to register every click. 

So as you can see, I have no way to select pretty much anything which is making my workflow about as impossible as it can be. This has tripled my production time. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that I am also having issues with it crashing and I made a different thread about that. But I already tried some things like resetting/trashing preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hollyeperret 

The Quick Selection tool works quickly, but does not always work well, especially when there is not much contrast.

• One thing to check is the brush size in the options bar. You can resize it by typing or by use the square bracket keys: [ or ] .
  • You might also reset it. Right-click the tool in the options bar (not Tools panel) and Reset tool.

If you need more help, show a screen shot that include your image, the Layers panel, and the options bar for the Quick Selection tool. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. I hadn't tried resetting it so I did that and will see how it goes. I haven't changed anything about the way I use it and I've never had this issue before until recently. So I don't think it is a contrast is the issue. And it has been anything but quick lately. Hopefully this works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines