Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick way to draw a rhombus?

Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a very dumb moment and cannot figure out how to draw a rhombus using the Rectangle tool, when i rotate the shape and then go to make it 'thinner' as a rhombus, it continues to act as a square (because it is one). I'm 80% sure i'm just forgetting to hold a key down to stop it acting like it is, any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[video]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to hold down the Shift key when using Free Transform.

So I have started with a stroked four sided Shape layer and rotated it 45° with Free Transform

image.png

1. If you have specific target sizes for the diagonal, try moving the grid axis to the left hand corner of your shape to make that the 0,0 point. 
  2. Turn on the rulers (Ctrl r).
  3. Make horizontal guides that reflect the required height (I have used 30mm and -30mm
  4. Now use Free Transform and hold down the Shift key to allow the aspect ratio to be altered, and the Alt key to force the chage to be reflected about the central point.  It will snap to the guides.
  5. Job done.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines