• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"About Plugins" menu is full of dozens of old, deleted, plugins. How do I reset it?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subject says it: how do I get PS to completely rebuild it's list of plugins from what is -actually- installed?

I cannot find where the list is stored to delete it; I tried a command-option-shift on start to reset everything. That stubborn list of plugins I have not used for literally years, still appears.

How do I rebuild it from scratch?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

AHA!  Figured it out. It's showing me the individual contents of a couple of old packages of filters. The individual contents are not casually visible using the finder.

Issue solved

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file path to the plug-in folder on MacOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/

Go to the above path and delete any folders that have the same name as the plugins that you want to remove.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you may need to enable the display of hidden folders in macOS's finder to see the Library folder.

Here's how to do it: Press Command+Shift+. (a dot) to display the hidden files and folders in macOS. Remember this is just temporary; the setting will be reset everytime you restart your Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHA!  Figured it out. It's showing me the individual contents of a couple of old packages of filters. The individual contents are not casually visible using the finder.

Issue solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how did you remove them from the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your courteous reply, quanghuyvu. Unfortunately, there is nothing in the Plug-ins folder at that path but a folder named CC, in which there are file formats and generators. My plugins are all installed in the Plugins folder next to the Photoshop app. (And of course, none of the older plugins are there. That was the first place I looked.)

But I appreciate the offer of help. I need to keep looking. (I suspect it's either a single file with a list of names, or a hidden cache file with aliases... )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT.. I did find the plugins folder you are likely referring to in my /Library folder (instead of ~/Library). Again, unfortunately, the old plugs are no longer there either, so it's certainly going to be a old cache somewhere...)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines