• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Add swatch"is grayed out in PS 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "add swatch" button at bottom of panel is grayed out in my PS 2020. Other options are also grayed out when I expand the panel from top right bars.  I want to add my own folders and add swatches I like in them.  I was able to create a folder and a subfolder, but the "add swatches" is still gray.  I tried some things such as hold down the option key on my iMac to add the foreground color, but the add swatch is still gray.  I tried to drag a recently used swatches to the folder..nothing.  There doesn't seem to be a box/space to hold them. The v shows that the subolder should be open. I have an iMac running Mohave. I don't even want to update to Catalina and deal with all those problems. I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I have only used older Photoshop programs before subscriptions.  Thank you for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step by step how, do I do that?  Thank you. I have other issues with other panels, but I posted that elsewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just open your preferences: ctrl/cmd-k and click the button that says, "Reset Preferences." Then restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a while back and I don't know if what these people suggested helped you. If you had the same issue that I did, I'm sure it didn't. If you're still having this issue you may want to look at the number of swatches you have installed. You may have reached your cap. Apparently there's only so many swatches you're allowed to add and it won't allow you to add any more once you've reached it. I only wish they'd tell you instead of graying out the damn option and leaving you to guess as to what the F is going on. Try deleting some swatches and see if that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two Legacy swatches folder/groups found. After deleting one group, everything worked fine, now able to import swatches from color table also. thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines