• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe Photoshop has encountered a problem and needs to close."

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled and cleaned and reinstalled) Creative Cloud and Photoshop and can't get Photoshop to run. What can I do to get it running?

My software and OS versions are the latest default installs as of this week:

• Photoshop Creative Cloud version 22.3.1
  • Windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.928

Here's what happens:

When starting Photoshop in any of the different ways I can think of -- within Creative Cloud app, and from Creative Cloud web, and from the Windows desktop environment -- the splash screen gets to displaying "Initializing...", and then an "Error Report" window pops up which says "Adobe Photoshop has encountered a problem and needs to close." Clicking on "View report" creates the window "Error report details" which has no contents, ie, no details.

In previous installs where I was having the "Error report", the error report popped up later in the boot process, than now, when it's popping up during "Initializing..." I guess this is some sort of progress, but it's not the kind I want -- I want to use this darn wonderful program I'm paying for!

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled and used the Cloud Cleaner App. On a previous install, before I used Cloud Cleaner, I went through a long process of trying to fix permissions and that didn't help anything.

Any ideas that are likely to work?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I was able to run Photoshop outside of CC as administrator. But running CC as administrator and trying to open Photoshop through CC that way didn't work.

Even if I can repeatedly and consistently run Photoshop outside of CC, as I've been able to do once now as administrator, I would like to understand the problem and fix it, whatever it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also encountered the same problem and also unstalled CC and the Cleaner. After that reinstalle CC but still the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe the solution because it works for me.

- Uninstall Photoshop

- Install Photoshop by clicking on the three dots to select a previous version.

- Select version V22.0 and install.

- After install startup Photoshop to see if it works.

- Go back to then Cloud and select now the latest update.

- After install startup Photoshop to see if it works. By me it freezes so I close it using the Taskmanager and then try it again.

This solves my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines