"An unknown error occurred" on photoshop 2020 when exporting

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a few posts about this "an unknown error occurred" with no solution that I can find so far. I am on photoshop 2020 on iMac High Sierra.

I have already exported a handful of images as jpgs, but even pulling up the export menu on one or two project prompts this error message to show up and the photo of the project doesn't even load. I spent 75 hours on this project and then this happens. I don't feel confident in photoshop to work on one single project and have this occur.

Does Adobe or anyone have the solution? Most art projects worked out fine except for the scaling down issue which I will have to ask about in another post.

Thank you,

Spencer 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"An unknown error occurred" on photoshop 2020 when exporting

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a few posts about this "an unknown error occurred" with no solution that I can find so far. I am on photoshop 2020 on iMac High Sierra.

I have already exported a handful of images as jpgs, but even pulling up the export menu on one or two project prompts this error message to show up and the photo of the project doesn't even load. I spent 75 hours on this project and then this happens. I don't feel confident in photoshop to work on one single project and have this occur.

Does Adobe or anyone have the solution? Most art projects worked out fine except for the scaling down issue which I will have to ask about in another post.

Thank you,

Spencer 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spencer,

We are sorry about the experience due to the error while trying to use Export As. 

Please update Photoshop to the latest version(21.1.3) through the Creative Cloud desktop app and check if the issue persists. You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Please backup your preferences prior to resetting them. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Also, please note that we've noticed this issue occuring with some specific GPU drivers, please checkout this discussion for more details: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/export-to-error-in-ps-cc20-0-1

Regards,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that doesn't really work, I have the 23.1.0 version with Big Sur and the problem is only becoming more and more persistent. Unfortunately. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. Brand new machine, Win10 etc.  Photoshop and Premier will not open

The solution still exists, and reinstalled everything does not solve it.

Please respond.

Again, Photoshop not only will not open, is has NEVER opened on this machine because of this error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem was resolved.  Like others, if I rolled back to a previous version of Photoshop it would open without error.  Seems the latest update to 22.0 had issues (21.0 was fine)

After disabling my Graphics Card in the preferences (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, which should not have needed to be done), we were able to get Photoshop to open and function.

Hopefully this gets sorted with future updates.  Similar issue was also preventing Premier from opening (but withou an error message -- just nothing)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem after updating to Big Sur and I solved it by re-installing an older Photoshop version (22.0.0)! Works as an intermediate solution while they have not fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0