• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"because write access was not granted"

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time I've been unable to save a picture from Photoshop back to Lightroom.  The popup message says, "Unable to save.....because write access was not granted.  Adobe Support Remote Agents have worked on my computer remotely several times with no success.  Tonight another agent seemed to get things working right.  He went to some 'page' and set everything to 'read & write' and I hit the command key and the 's' key and the photo saved.  After signing off I worked on another photo and tried to save it and got the same popup, "Unable to save....".  Can someone tell me how to get to the page where I can set everything to 'read & write'?  I would be most appreciative. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, please go to the System Preferences of macOS, then Security and Privacy & select the Privacy tab. Once there, please select Accessibility from the list on the left and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock icon. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Once done, restart the computer and let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, please go to the System Preferences of macOS, then Security and Privacy & select the Privacy tab. Once there, please select Accessibility from the list on the left and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock icon. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Once done, restart the computer and let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it is working now. I appreciate your help.

Larry Jones

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know it helped. Please reach out to us for more assistance in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done exactly what was suggested and it didn't work. I'm still getting the pop up saying can't save because right access was not granted. I've been saving pictures for many years in the same way. don't know what changed. please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just solve my problem which was exactly the same as yours. When i was saving the picture, clicking on "save as" the next page, just below save as and tags, i had Nikon instead of pictures. It couldn't save to Nikon obviously. Please try that and it should fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sahil,

I have done everything stated here and it still doesn't work. Is there anything else can be done to fix this problem?

I would appreciate your help 

Best regards,

Fjolla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I add PhotoShop, how do I grant permission to PS under full disk access and save my changes? THANK YOU!

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.01.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines