• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Camera Raw Graphics Acceleration Is Not Supported By Your System"

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of different user logins to my MacBook Pro, and when I edit in Camera Raw with one login, Camera Raw doesn't use the computer's graphics processor, and when I open the ACR Preferences, instead of being able to select "Auto," "Custom," or "Off," the settings window shows "Camera Raw Graphics Acceleration Is Not Supported By Your System."

However, when a different user login is used, Camera Raw uses the graphics processor and everything works as it should.

I've tried uninstalling everything Adobe related and reinstalling, but run into the same issue.

Without graphics acceleration, cropping or straightening raw photos is painfully slow.

I'm using a 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB running macOS Big Sur version 11.1

Photoshop is version 22.1.0, and Camera Raw is version 13.1.0.658

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

I've followed troubleshooting advice I've seen on other forums, and nothing listed below has worked.

I couldn't find a TempDisableGPU file either.

Troubleshooting GPU AccelerationProblems

If GPU acceleration is not enabled or not working as expected, use the following troubleshooting guide to gather more information.

1. Verify You Have Installed the Latest Version of Camera Raw or Lightroom 2. Verify Your System Meets the Requirements for GPU Acceleration

Note For Lightroom Classic 8.4 and later and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed troubleshooting advice I've seen on other forums, and nothing listed below has worked.

I couldn't find a TempDisableGPU file either.

Troubleshooting GPU AccelerationProblems

If GPU acceleration is not enabled or not working as expected, use the following troubleshooting guide to gather more information.

1. Verify You Have Installed the Latest Version of Camera Raw or Lightroom 2. Verify Your System Meets the Requirements for GPU Acceleration

Note For Lightroom Classic 8.4 and later and Lightroom 3.0 and later the technical GPU hardware and software requirements for GPU acceleration are exactly the same as for Camera Raw.

3. Examine the Preferences Dialog

Open the Camera Raw or Lightroom preferences and examine what information about the error and the system is available there, on the Performance tab. When reporting problems on user forums or to technical support, it’s useful to include this information.

1. The exact version of Camera Raw or Lightroom
  2. The name of the GPU
  3. The amount of GPU Ram
  4. Current position of the options and checkboxes
  5. The status message. (Which may note an error.)

4. Collect Detailed Logs

Please collect and send logs to Adobe when reporting problems.

IMPORTANT You must QUIT the host application (Bridge, Photoshop or Lightroom) BEFORE you collect the log files.

Logging related to GPU acceleration are written to the same folder for Camera Raw, Lightroom and Lightroom Classic.

The best way to collect a log about a bug is to.

1. Quit the host app.
  2. Re-launch the host app.
  3. Perform the minimum number of steps required to reproduce the problem.
  4. Quit the host app again.
  5. Now collect the log files.

On Windows the log location is:

%APPDATA%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Logs

One shortcut to get to this folder on Windows is to…

1. Tap the Windows key
  2. Enter “Run”
  3. Enter “%APPDATA%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Logs”

For example:

C:\Users\tester\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Logs

On Mac the log location is:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Logs

For example:

/Users/tester/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw

One shortcut to get to this folder on Mac is to…

1. In the Finder open the Go menu.
  2. Select Go to Folder…
  3. Enter the path ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw
  4. Click Go

4.5 Windows Only: Save the DxDiag Report

The tool dxdiag produces a report that may be helpful to the engineering team when investigating problems.

1. Tap the Windows key on your keyboard or click on the Windows button in the task bar.
  2. Type in dxdiag (this does a search for the program)
  3. Hit the Enter key
  4. Wait for the DxDiag window to appear.
  5. When it’s enabled click the Save All Information button
  6. Save the DxDiag.txt file and submit it when reporting problems

5 Update Your Drivers and OS

If you see issues, the first thing to do is note the OS version and GPU driver version you have now, try updating to the latest versions, then see if the problem persists.

If updating the OS or GPU driver is a fix, please report your findings (Ex: “version n is busted but n+1 works.”)

6 Check for and Delete TempDisableGPU3 or TempDisableGPU2 Files

Using the same methods you used to find the Logs folder, find the CameraRaw/GPU folder.

On Windows the location is:

%APPDATA%\Adobe\CameraRaw\GPU

On Mac the location is:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/GPU

If an un-handled, fatal error occurs during GPU initialization, Camera Raw or Lightroom will leave behind a file named TempDisableGPU3 or TempDisableGPU2.

In the GPU folder find the sub folder for the application you are using and check for these files.

If a TempDisableGPU file exists at initialization time, Camera Raw will disable GPU acceleration. This prevents any sort of bad crashing bugs that happen during initialization from making the app crash every launch.

You can delete the file to run initialization again. If the original failure condition is transient, GPU acceleration may work correctly after deleting the file.

If you find a TempDisableGPU file, try the following troubleshooting steps.

1. Quit the app.
  2. Delete the TempDisableGPU file.
  3. Relaunch the app.
  4. Open app and preferences dialog.
  5. Check the GPU status again in the–is it working now?
  6. Check to see if a TempDisableGPU file was created again.
  7. Quit the host app.
  8. Collect logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx alot 

it work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked as soon as I deleted the TempDisable GPU file. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truly, truly a godsend.

Lagging Camera Raw was causing me huge issues. Adobe agent tried saying that my GPU wasn't able to be supported with full acceleration when I knew for a fact that it was able to, reinstalled multiple versions of Bridge and CR to no avail— deleting the TempGPU file solved my issue immediately. Was ready to pull my hair out, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find this to delete it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As seen above from @atperryman:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/GPU

You can access the Library by opening Finder, clicking on Go and holding down the Option key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - simply deleting the TempDisable files on my mac fixed it

I love the internet and love the communities we make!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find the file to delete it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura I followed the instructions on this page to delete the TempDisable files on my mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even after following this adobe photoshop 2024 is crashing and creating two file now - Camera Raw GPU Config.txt and TempDisableGPU 2

Tried multiple times deleteing both the files but photoshop is crashing while opening RAW file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still waiting on solution, but installed older version and its working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone's hardware is different, we have no way of knowing but if your graphics card is too old, you'll get those files. Post your system Info (Photoshop Help menu.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the details - I hope helps

RAM - 32 GB

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Also, adobe's own GPU compatibility utility shows that that my graphics card is supported so not sure what is wrong and due to this cant use adobe photoshop 24 latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the system info is too long so attaching file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you disabled the integrated video? That seems to be a huge problem on Windows systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried doing that but it makes my system video unstable.....it started flickering.

not sure why adobe 2023 works fine but adobe 2024 needs any more settings 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this immediately fixed my problem. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to resolve my problem by leveraging the information you provided. After investigating user-specific settings and ensuring that my graphics drivers were up-to-date, I discovered a discrepancy in the macOS Big Sur versions across user logins. Once I synchronized the system updates for both logins, the issue with Camera Raw's graphics acceleration was rectified. Thanks a ton for your valuable insights!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines