"completing pending document save operations"

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with some fairly large psb files and when ever I try to save out a jpeg or convert a layer to a smart object I get a scroll bar with the following message:

"completing pending document save operations"

This can take between 15 and 30 mins to complete before the jpeg or smart object is saved. Does anyone know why I get this message and what is Photoshop actually doing? Is there any way of stopping doing this or speeding it up?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are saving the containing psb – while that save has not been completed the saving of a Smart Object (edit: or a jpg-copy) naturally could not succeed. 

Can you post meaningful screenshots? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.19.51.png

 Taken whilst converting Layer 7 to Smart Object. No other save opperation was happening at the same time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you included the Save Progess indication that might have been clear from the screenshot. 

saveProgress.jpg

What are the containing document’s and the Smart Object’s pixel dimensions and bit depth? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 14.24.30.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 14.25.33.png

 I'm trying to create the Smart Object from a rasterized layer which is the same as the containing document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long does saving the containing document itself take? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 mins

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also experiencing the same error message every time I convert a layer to a smart object. It take like you , several minutes. I haven't timed it precisely, but it easily 5 minutes or more. And please don't anybody suggest that PS is running shot of memory. The PC has 128 GB installed and finctioning fine in every other app, including CP1 and Davinci Resolve. It laso has 50 of that memory dedicated to PS. that right. 64 GB reserved just for PS.

Has anyone found a solution for this error?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines