• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not complete you request because the ICC profile version is not supported."

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error message while trying to open a PNG on my Photoshop. All the other questions posted here seems to only address when it is "invalid". Can someone please help me on this issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload for inspection? PNG supports profiles, I wonder if the embedded profile is corrupted. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. I just started viewing Behance live tutorials for the first time.  I have not been successful in opening any of the practice photos provided. Any time I attempt to open their downloads I get a message in Photoshop saying “Could not open xxxxx.png because the ICC profile version is not supported.

Does anyone know if there is something I need to do in Photoshop that would allow me to open download photos available in the Behance tutorials? If so, would you please tell me how to go about doing such ICC maintenance?  I have Photoshop 21.2.1 and use it on a Mac.

Thank you.

AnrJUD7G.jpgold wodden cabin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines